Caras con Causa inspires trust and confidence in its donors and investors. Because of this, transparency, compliace and sound financials are pillars of the organization.
The following information is presented to help you make an informed donation:
- Caras con Causa's legal name is Caras of the Americas
- EIN: 42-1628144
- Caras con Causa is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, aswell as an exempt organization under state law, Section 1101 of the State Internal Revenue Code.
- 79% of our funds provide direct services, the rest goes to activities that support direct services.
- Goodstanding with all goverment agencies.
- Audited financial statements for the past three years with an unmodified opinion.
- Diversified portfolio of donors which includes: corporations, foundations, self made income, individuals and goverment institutions. Click here to know who some of them are.
- Platinum participant of GuideStar's transparency guideline
Financial Capacity Performance Metrics
•The following financial capacity performance metrics are used to determine the financial health of the organization: debt to asset ratio, program expense growth and working capital ratio.
•We compare our metrics with the suggested metris of Charity Navigator, one of the leading entities in evaluating the financial health and transparency of non profits. We also use their score card to determine the score, which ranges from 0 to 10, of our metrics.
This ratio is an indicator of an organization’s solvency and or long term sustainability. Presently, no fund that enters the organization will go to pay either principle or interest on long term debt.
Charities that spend more year over year on their programs and services continue to have a greater impact on their charitable missions. Organizations that demonstrate consistent annual growth in program expenses are able to outpace inflation and thus sustain their programs year to year.
Those charities that build working capital develop a greater capability for expanding and improving their programs.